How to Cancel Your Netflix Subscription on iPhone, iPad, and Desktop
This page describes how to cancel the streaming service on iPhone, iPad, and desktop computers.
As the cost of living rises, more and more people are searching for ways to save money, and one of the primary reasons people have been abandoning Netflix is because the service has raised its prices.
The basic standard definition plan increased from $8.99 to $9.99, the Standard HD plan increased from $13.99 to $15.49, and the 4K Ultra plan increased from $17.99 to $19.99 in January 2022.
Netflix recently stated that it is attempting to monetise the more than 100 million households that “now enjoy Netflix without explicitly paying for it.” In other words, sharing passwords between families may soon become obsolete.
Regardless of the reason for your departure, you are not alone. In the United States and Canada, Netflix lost 1,3 million subscribers during the second quarter of 2022. Keep in mind that Netflix is working on a lower-priced ad-supported tier that will launch in early 2023, but until then, here are the ways you can cancel the service.
How to Cancel Netflix on iPhone and iPad
If you signed up for Netflix using your Apple ID on your iPhone or iPad when it was still possible to do so, you must cancel the subscription using the same method.
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap your Apple ID banner profile at the top of the menu.
- Tap Subscriptions.
- Select Netflix in the list that appears.
- Choose Cancel Subscription, then confirm at the dialog prompt. Note that the cancellation becomes effective at the end of your current billing period.
As per Apple’s policy, your membership will automatically renew if you do not cancel your subscription at least 24 hours prior to the renewal date.
How to Cancel Netflix on the Web
- In Safari or another browser, head to Netflix’s website on your iOS device or a desktop computer.
- Sign in, then tap the three-line menu icon in the top-right corner of the webpage and select Account.
- Scroll down if necessary and select Cancel Membership. If you’re on iPad or a desktop browser, the option will appear near the upper left of the browser window.
- Note when the cancelation will take effect from, then select Finish Cancelation.
Netflix states that a customer’s profiles, favorites, preferences, and account information are still retrievable if they resubscribe within 10 months of leaving the service.
Canceling Netflix if Billed Through Another Service
It is common to sign up for Netflix via Amazon, iTunes, your Internet service provider, or another service. If you subscribed through one of these options, you cannot cancel directly through Netflix. This situation occurred because your account was linked to a third-party service.
Canceling Netflix Through iTunes
- Cancel by opening the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Tap on your Apple ID at the top, then choose Subscriptions. Next, locate the Netflix subscription and cancel it.
Canceling Netflix Through Amazon
- Amazon subscribers can visit the Memberships and Subscriptions page to cancel their Netflix service.
- Click the Advanced Controls option and choose Cancel.
Canceling Netflix Through Google Play
Canceling Netflix through Google Play is simple.
- Open the Google Play Store on your Android device and click the hamburger icon (three-line icon) in the top left corner.
- Tap on Subscriptions and select Netflix. Choose the option to cancel and follow the prompts.
Canceling Netflix Through Comcast Xfinity
If you are billed by an ISP such as Comcast Xfinity, visit your Netflix account page for cancellation instructions. Particularly Comcast once provided the service for free, so you may not be paying for it at all. Additionally, you can check for subscriptions by logging into your ISP account. This procedure is identical if you are billed by your cell phone provider.