How to Change Your Username on Fortnite
Because of its immense popularity, many individuals test Fortnite just to see what all the excitement is about. They register an account, put in a ridiculous moniker, and start playing without expecting too much from the game. However, if they wish to continue playing, they frequently regret the name they originally chose. Others just want to alter a username that they now think dull.
This post explains how to update your Fortnite username across all platforms.
How to Change Your Username for Fortnite on an Android Device
If you are using the mobile version of Fortnite, it is easy to change your username. As the game does not have a dedicated website and instead relies on the Epic Games website for all of its settings, you will need to modify it on that page. Follow these instructions to do so:
- Open your mobile browser of choice and go to the Fortnite site.
- If you have not yet logged into your account, you can do so at this time. If you are already logged in, proceed directly to Step 7. If not, you can sign in by tapping the three lines icon in the upper-right corner of the screen. Select Sign in.
- Tap the icon of your desired sign-in method.
- Enter your username and password, then tap on Log In Now.
- After logging in, you will be returned to the homepage. Tap the three horizontal lines icon in the upper-right corner of the display, then tap your username.
- On the menu that appears, tap on Account.
- Scroll down to the Account Settings section. Your display name will be grayed out. Select the edit button to its right. The button is the blue pencil icon.
- Type in your desired username, then enter it again in the confirm display name textbox. Then tap on Confirm.
- Your display name should now be changed. You can navigate out of this screen and continue playing.
How to Change Your Username for Fortnite on an iPhone
Changing a username on a mobile device is not dependent on the platform, as the change takes place on the Epic Games Accounts page and not within the app. Follow the instructions given above to change your username on an iPhone. They are the same thing. The only distinction is that you are utilizing Safari as opposed to another web browser.
How to Change Your Username for Fortnite on an Xbox One
The display names of console users are not associated with their Epic Games account. They are instead reliant on their console service providers. This means that on Xbox One, your Fortnite display name is linked to your Xbox Gamertag. It is important to note that modifying your Xbox Gamertag affects all games, not just Fortnite. To achieve this, follow these steps:
- Using your controller, hold down the Xbox button.
- Navigate to Profile & System, then choose your existing Gamertag.
- Choose My Profile.
- Select Customize Profile.
- Under the tab labeled Choose new Gamertag, enter the new Gamertag you wish to use. Alternately, you may select one of the provided suggested Gamertags. Choose More suggestions to view an additional list of suggested usernames.
- Select Check Availability to determine if the Gamertag is in use. If so, adopt a different name or modify it so that it is distinct. If no one else is currently using it, confirm your option.
- You can now navigate out of the system’s screen.
Changing Gamertag using a browser
- On your net browser, open your Microsoft Account.
- Click on your username.
- Scroll down and click on Go to your Xbox Profile.
- Click on Customize Profile.
- Click on the Change Gamertag icon to the right of your Gamertag.
- Enter your new Gamertag, then click on Check Availability. If it’s not, change it until you get one. Otherwise, click on Change Gamertag.
- Your Gamertag should now be changed.
How to Change Your Username for Fortnite on a Nintendo Switch
Fortnite on Nintendo Switch also utilizes Epic Games account Display names. You must visit the Epic Games website to change it. You can accomplish this by accessing the page on a computer, a Mac, or even a mobile device. Follow the steps outlined above to change your username on a PC once you’ve opened the website.