How to Delete Your YouTube Comments
The YouTube comments section is excellent for artists and other viewers to interact. However, YouTube comments have a negative reputation for degenerating into meaningless disputes and spam.
If you ever wish to remove a YouTube remark you posted, you can always do so. You can also erase every YouTube remark you’ve ever posted. Here’s how to remove YouTube comments, whether you’re attempting to avoid arguments in the comments section or erase your digital footprint.
How to Delete a YouTube Comment
It is incredibly simple to delete your YouTube comments. You may delete the comment directly from the comments section of the video. This is typically the case when attempting to delete a recent comment. This is how:
- Go to YouTube.com and search for the video in your Watch History or by using the search bar and open the comments section. Your comment should show up among the first few you see.
- Tap the three dots next to the comment, and select Delete. You’ll see a text box confirming that your comment has been deleted.
This method will not always work for deleting older comments, as they will have been mixed in with thousands of others, making it difficult to locate and delete them. This brings us to the second way to remove YouTube comments.
How to Delete YouTube Comments From Your Comments History
YouTube stores every comment you’ve ever made on your account. Additionally, you can use the Comments History page to manage and delete comments.
To access your Comments History,
- Open YouTube on a desktop browser.
- Click on the three horizontal lines in the top left of the page to open the left-side menu, then select History from the sidebar.
- On the next page, select Comments from the right sidebar under Manage All History.
- You will be redirected to your Comment History, where you can view all of your account’s comments. You can scroll down to find the specific comment you wish to delete, which will appear in reverse chronological order.
- When you find it, click the blue link (or the video title) at the bottom of your comment to be directed to the video on which you dropped the comment.
- Your comment will appear at the top of the comments section as a highlighted comment. Click the three dots to the right of your comment, and then choose Delete from the menu that appears.
- You’ll see a text box confirming that your comment has been deleted.
These steps will work on your preferred web browser, but you can also edit and delete YouTube comments on your mobile device.
How to Delete All Your YouTube Comments at Once
If you are attempting to reduce your digital footprint, you may wish to remove all of your YouTube comments. This is achievable due to a loophole in one of YouTube’s features, despite the fact that it is not a straightforward method.
YouTube enables you to conceal your channel, making your material, subscriptions, likes, and name unsearchable. You can reactivate your hidden channel at any moment and make your content public if you so want.
However, concealing your channel has an unforeseen consequence: it deletes all YouTube comments from your account. Therefore, an easy approach to delete all of your YouTube comments is to temporarily disable your channel and then activate it again.
This is how to accomplish it:
- Go to YouTube and tap on your profile picture in the top right corner.
- Select Settings from the dropdown menu.
- Next, select Advanced settings.
- Select Delete channel by navigating down. You may be required to provide identification to continue. You need not worry; YouTube will not delete your account if you select this option.
- You’ll be directed to your Google Account page, where you should select I want to hide my channel.
- Tick the three checkboxes to confirm your decision, then click Hide my channel at the bottom of the tab.
Sign in to YouTube using your Google account in order to reactivate your channel. Next, visit the website for creating a channel and fill out the form with your previous information. Your YouTube channel will be restored, and you will be able to make your material accessible through Video Manager once more.
Take Control of the Conversation
Online conversations do not always proceed as expected. When things go south in a YouTube video’s comment section, it’s reassuring to know that you can always delete YouTube comments and end any awkward conversation.