DJ Cuppy Biography and Net Worth of an Ace Nigerian Disc Jockey (DJ)
DJ Cuppy is a Nigerian disc jockey whose influence is quickly spreading over the world. He is also a musician, producer, composer, entrepreneur, and philanthropist. She is the proprietor of the Red Velvet Music Group, which has offices in the UK and Lagos, Nigeria, and the daughter of Nigerian business magnate Femi Otedola.
DJ Cuppy Background
The full name of DJ Cuppy is Florence Ifeoluwa Otedola. She was born to Mr. Femi Otedola and Mrs. Nana Otedola in Lagos State on November 11, 1992. After six years, DJ Cuppy and her family relocated to Ikeja from Ilupeju, Lagos. At the age of 13, she relocated from Lagos to London to enroll in a boarding school.
She enrolled in King’s College London after completing her A-levels to study business and economics, and she graduated in July 2014. Due to her love of music, DJ Cuppy pursued her master’s in music at New York University after completing her undergraduate studies, and she received her degree in 2015.
DJ Cuppy Career
DJ Cuppy formally turned into a DJ at 18 years old, after her A-level examinations. Her extraordinary presentation as a DJ cleared a path for her as the occupant DJ at the MTV Africa Music Awards in Durban. Inferable from her pro presentation in Durban, Cuppy was called up to perform at Tatler and Christie’s Art Ball in London, as well as at the Financial Times Luxury Summit in Mexico City.
A while later, she delivered her most memorable music blend named ‘Place of Cuppy’ in 2014. The blend presented the start of another sound that Cuppy portrayed as Neo-Afrobeats – an electric mix of tropical house and Afro-beats music. She sent off the music blend in London, New York and Lagos, that very year, she sent off the Red Velvet Music Group. Red Velvet Music Group is a music the board and content creation organization with office areas in London and Lagos.
Cuppy Takes Africa
In 2015, DJ Cuppy went on a visit to 8 urban communities in Africa which she called ‘Cuppy Takes Africa’. It later turned into a 8-episode narrative series on Fox Life Africa. During the visit, Cuppy visited Nigeria, Senegal, Ghana, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, Uganda, and South Africa. The visit likewise included exhibitions, significant craftsman joint efforts, and noble cause projects and was supported by GTBank and Dangote Foundation. Soon thereafter, Cuppy went to function as an understudy at Roc Nation claimed by Jay Z.
DJ Cuppy created Vibe and how I am in 2017. These tunes were on Young Paris Afrobeats EP, and it appeared on the 24th of March, 2017. Cuppy delivered her most memorable authority single Green Light on the thirteenth of October 2017 and she included Tekno. On the 30th of March 2018, she delivered her second single Vybe in which she highlighted Sarkodie, a Ghanian rapper.
Endorsements of DJ Cuppy
- DJ Cuppy was appointed by Nigeria’s Minister of Tourism, Culture and National Orientation as the tourism ambassador for the country’s “Fascinating Nigeria” campaign in April 2014.
- She was endorsed as one of Pepsi’s DJ ambassadors, on the 20th of March 2018.
- DJ Cuppy became the Global Citizen Education Ambassador on the 5th of June 2018.
- Cuppy became Samsung’s ambassador in 2019.
- On the 11th of March 2019, DJ Cuppy announced her partnership with Maybelline as an ‘IT GIRL’. She intends to use her role as a Maybelline ambassador to drive inclusiveness and project Africa to the world. She would reflect the company’s values by touching lives and empowering women.
- Tiger beer endorsed her as its ambassador on the 12th of June 2019.
- She is an ambassador of Save Children UK.
DJ Cuppy’s Songs
- Green Light featuring Tekno – 2017
- Vybe featuring Sarkodie – 2018
- Currency featuring L.A.X – 2018
- Werk featuring Skuki – 2018
- Charged Up Dj Cuppy and Masterkraft – 2018
- Abena featuring Kwesi Arthur, Shaydee, Ceeza Milli – 2019
Media Features of DJ Cuppy
- Cuppy featured in Forbes Woman Africa Magazine April/May 2015 edition.
- The Guardian Life magazine featured DJ Cuppy on its cover page in January 2015.
- Glitz Africa featured DJ cuppy on its cover page on the 10th of June 2019.
DJ Cuppy’s Awards and Nominations
- Nominated as Female DJ at the ELOY Awards in 2014.
- DJ Cuppy won the Best Female DJ at the NEA Awards in 2015.
- Best female DJ of the Year at the Beatz Awards in 2016.
- DJ Cuppy was named Best female DJ of the Year at the Beatz Awards in 2017.
- Best female DJ of the Year at the Beatz Awards in 2018.
Net Worth of DJ Cuppy
DJ Cuppy puts in a lot of effort and deserves all the praise. She is anticipated to be worth millions of Naira given that she has various endorsement deals with numerous multinational firms and has been invited to perform in more than 25 nations. We were unable to determine her net worth, however austinemedia.com pegged it at $1.7 million.
DJ Cuppy’s Cars
Given that DJ Cuppy was raised in opulence, one would anticipate that her vehicles would be nothing short of exotic. We weren’t let down because DJ Cuppy is the owner of a 2016 Mercedes-Benz AMG G55 SUV that is valued at roughly 42 million Naira. Her most recent vehicle is a red Ferrari Portofino, which is worth over 75 million Naira. She also has a white 2017 Range Rover Sports model worth 24 million Naira.
Life Lessons From DJ Cuppy’s Story
- Being from an affluent family is not a reason for you to be a mummy’s boy or daddy’s girl. DJ Cuppy works really hard to make her own money, with no reliance on her father’s wealth.
- No one is too young to pursue their dreams. Regardless of your age, when you discover your passion, look for opportunities to harness it, train yourself on it, and just get better.