How To Download Videos from Facebook Messenger
An amazing messaging platform, Facebook Messenger enables users to send messages, images, videos, and GIFs. But how long can you store those amusing or humorous videos on your device?
Facebook is a social networking platform that promotes frequent logins and active participation. That you couldn’t download videos from Messenger makes sense. But fortunately, this post will show you how to save those memories to your device’s storage.
How to Download Videos from Facebook Messenger
Thankfully, for the time being, it is no longer necessary to screen record a video sent in Messenger. On Facebook Messenger, downloading videos is simple. Nevertheless, depending on the device you’re using, the instructions change.
We’ll demonstrate how to download videos from Messenger using a web browser and every type of operating system.
How to Download Videos From Facebook Messenger – Web Browser
Facebook makes downloading videos from a web browser comparatively easy. However, to do so, you must go to the Messenger website. This is what you need to do:
- Open Facebook and click on the Messenger icon in the upper right corner.
- Select the conversation with the video you want to download. Then, click the arrow down icon next to your friend’s name.
- A new window will open to the left of the conversation—Click Open in Messenger.
- A new tab will open that makes the conversation fullscreen. Locate the video, or click Media in the menu to the right.
Note: If you don’t see the menu, click the i icon in the upper right.
- Click the video you want to download.
- The video will open in full screen. Click the download icon at the top to download the video.
Now, your video will download. You can find it in your computer’s storage in the Downloads folder.
Download Videos From Facebook Messenger – iOS & Android
If you prefer to use the Facebook Messenger mobile app, you can download videos from Messenger to your iOS or Android device. Here’s what to do:
- Open the Facebook Messenger app and tap on the conversation where you can retrieve the video.
- Locate the video you want to download in the conversation. Or, go to the Media & Files folder.
iOS users can click their friend’s name at the top to access the media folder.
Android users can tap the i icon in the upper right to access the media folder.
- Tap on View Media, Files, & Links.
- Select the video you’d like to download.
- Tap on More.
- Tap Save.
The video will save to your device’s downloads folder.
Download Videos From Facebook – Workarounds
We have a few workarounds if the aforementioned techniques fail for any reason. If you can’t find the option natively, the parts that follow will show you how to download videos from Facebook Messenger.
Use a Web Browser Trick
You may download movies from Facebook Messenger thanks to this exploit. The video’s URL is extracted, the page is switched to the mobile version, and you can see and download the element. The procedure is as follows:
- Navigate to the video you want to download.
- Right-click it and select ‘Copy video URL at current time.’
- Paste that URL into a browser tab, remove the www. part, and replace it with m. to access the mobile version.
- Load the page and play the video.
- Right-click and select Inspect or use Alt Option + Cmd + J on Mac.
- Locate the video URL ending in MP4, and copy it.
- Paste that into another tab and let it play.
- Right-click that video and select Save Video As.
To isolate the video file for downloading, this procedure is used on a variety of websites throughout the internet. While there are a few steps, they are very easy to follow, and it works on the majority of browsers with a developer console.
Using the built-in screen recorder on your smartphone is one of the safer ways to save videos. You only need to launch the video (as shown above). then switch on the screen recording feature. Play the video after you’ve waited for it to start recording.
Users of Android devices can turn on this feature by pulling down from the screen’s top and selecting Screen Recorder.
By pulling down from the top right corner of the screen to access the control center, iOS users can enable the screen recording feature. Tap the Screen Record icon after that.
The screen-recorded movie can be found in the device’s photo gallery.
Share the Video on Another Platform
There are just two options, according to many users: share or delete. You can copy the URL to the video by selecting Copy when you select the “Share” option. There are other choices for platforms like YouTube, Discord, and others.
Unfortunately, there are different possibilities based on the OS, Facebook Messenger version, and other factors. However, you can save the videos you desire provided you can share the video externally to another platform that allows you to download media.