If you are on this page right now, it means you want to know how to borrow airtime from Airtel. Of course, you are on the right page because we will be giving you a detailed description of how to borrow airtime from Airtel without any problem.
We understand that you might be in a hurry to get this done but there are certain factors that you need to understand before borrowing from Airtel. Those factors include the eligibility status, percentage of payments and so on.
For those that want to borrow from airtime due to some circumstance, you should try those steps that will be released in this article. Also, the USSD code that will allow you to borrow any amount from Airtel will be released.
Borrow Airtime From Airtel : Airtel Beta
The airtel beta is an airtel program that makes it very easy to borrow airtime or data from airtel. It serves as an alternative to the buying of recharge cards directly from banks or merchants.
Airtel beta allows you to borrow an Eligible amount for extra time credit which will be paid when you recharge. Before you can borrow, you must have met the requirements.
Meanwhile, Airtel beta comes with a condition on your borrowed fee. This will allow you to pay a 15% charge on all your borrowed fee. This is deducted immediately you borrow. For instance, if you want to borrow 100 nairas, the %15 service fee will be deducted such that 85 naira is the amount left that you will be credited with.
Borrow Airtime From AIRTEL: Airtel Eligibility Status
Eligibility status is the requirements you must meet before you can be granted approval to borrow from Airtel.
Let’s look at it from the bank loans side or even normal friend loans. Only someone that trust you or has qualified you through a series of requirements will borrow you. The bank as well wantst you to be a certified and legitimate customer before granting you their loan.
For Airtel, their eligibility status is not difficult to scale. Compared to bank loans or loans from friends, it is very easy to overcome.
1. You must own a registered Airtel sim
2. You must be a prepaid customer of the 5G network – Airtel
3. SIM must be at least 3 months old with an average recharge of 250 naira per month. That is you should recharge at least 250 naira on your phone.
4. You must not have any unpaid charges or unpaid fees.
You won’t punch in your needed airtime because there is a programmed fee that you can only borrow and nothing other than that is accepted. Those amounts are 25 naira, 50 naira, 100 naira, 200 naira, 500 naira, 1000 naira and 2000 naira.
How to Borrow Airtime from Airtel – Step by step
With Airtel Beta, you can borrow call credit and data without going through any technical process. It is even very easy to carry out with our detailed step by step guide.
1. Dial the code *500*Amount you plan to borrow# in your phone dialler. For instance, a 100 naira borrowed airtime will require you to dial *500*100#. For 200 naira m, it will be *500*200#.
2. After this, you will receive a message telling you that your request is being processed. Wait for a while and then your account will be credited and the 15% service fee will be removed. This means that if you borrow 100 naira, you will be credited with 85 naira and 15 naira will be deducted as a service fee.
3. Also, if you receive a message with the option of recharging more, then you are not eligible to borrow that amount. This means you would not be credited at all.
How to borrow data from Airtel
To borrow data on Airtel, there is a minor shift in the process to that of borrowing airtime. Here are the steps to borrow data on Airtel:
1 Dial *500# in your phone dialler
2. From the list of options displayed on the pop-up, click on 3.
3. Another list of options will be displayed. It contains the range of data that you can borrow or are eligible to borrow. This can be very small like 10MB and more to 1TB.
Once you borrow, you have to repay the borrowed fee to Airtel. It is very easy to do this. Once you recharge your SIM, Airtel automatically deducts the borrowed fee from it.