How to apply for JAMB change of name, biodata
This article explains how to register for a change of name or biodata on the JAMB website for 2019 and previous years.
During JAMB registration, did you inadvertently enter an incorrect name? If so, you can alter it. You need not be concerned.
Ofarms has compiled a simple and straightforward guide for candidates who wish to modify their name or bio-data on the JAMB website.
Follow the steps below to alter your name or biodata with the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board.
Procedure on How to Change Your Name or Bio-data in JAMB Portal
If you need to change your name or bio-data on JAMB (Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board) portal, follow the steps below:
- Visit the JAMB official website: Go to the JAMB website (https://www.jamb.gov.ng/) and click on the “Services” tab at the top of the page.
- Click on “Correction of Data”: Under the “Services” tab, click on “Correction of Data.”
- Select the type of correction: Choose the type of correction you want to make. If you want to change your name or bio-data, select “Correction of Bio-Data/Change of Course Institution.”
- Create a profile: If you have not already created a profile on the JAMB website, you will need to do so by clicking on “Create e-Facility Account/Login” and following the instructions.
- Login to your profile: After creating a profile, log in with your email and password.
- Make payment: Pay the required fee for the correction of your bio-data. You can pay with your debit card or at a bank.
- Fill the form: Fill the correction form with the correct information. Be sure to input the correct details, and double-check before submitting.
- Submit the form: After completing the form, click on the “Submit” button.
- Print your slip: Print out the confirmation slip, which contains your Transaction ID and other important details.
- Await approval: Await approval from JAMB. You will receive a notification via email or SMS when your request has been approved.
Note: It is important to ensure that the information you submit is accurate and matches the information on your relevant documents, such as your birth certificate, WAEC result, and so on. Also, it may take a few days or weeks for your request to be approved.