The Nigerian Correctional Service has issued a call for applications and invited Nigerian citizens to apply. The Nigerian institutions Service is recruiting Correctional Officers who will be assigned to Nigerian institutions. Before applying, interested Nigerian citizens should review the Nigerian Prison Service’s recruitment requirements.
You may not be familiar with the Nigerian Prisons Service Recruitment process, but the Nigerian government is. Nigerian Prisons Service Recruitment has been hiring new employees for some time now as part of a long-running endeavour to increase public safety and decrease crime rates in Nigeria.
In addition, the Nigerian government is committed to this endeavour because they want to ensure the safety of Nigerian citizens. If you or someone you know is considering joining the Nigerian Prisons Service Recruitment, please continue reading!
In order to obtain this position, you must;
- Submit an application on the recruitment portal
- Possess all required qualifications
- Appear for the screening exercise
- Start working with the Nigerian Prisons Service.
Sectors of the Nigerian Prison Service recruiting?
Below are the departments under the NPS that are accepting applications for vacant jobs:
- Administration and Supplies.
- Works and Logistics.
- Health and Social Welfare.
- Finance and Budget.
- Inmates Training and Productivity.
The recruitment for the Nigerian Prisons Service has always been done on the recruitment portal, and that will not change this year. The website (www.prisons.gov.ng) is the website for this year’s recruitment. Please take note and continue reading for complete information on how to submit your information and qualify for this job offer.
Basic Requirements for the Nigerian Correctional Service Recruitment
The Nigerian Correctional Service (NCS) has certain requirements that must be met by candidates who wish to apply for recruitment into the organization. The basic requirements for the Nigerian Correctional Service recruitment are:
- Nationality: Candidates must be Nigerian citizens by birth or descent.
- Age: Applicants must be between the ages of 18 and 30 years.
- Education: Candidates must possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from a recognized institution. Other educational qualifications may be considered depending on the position applied for.
- Physical and Mental Fitness: Candidates must be physically and mentally fit to carry out the duties of the position they are applying for.
- Character: Applicants must possess a good character and must not have been convicted of any criminal offense.
- Height: Candidates must be at least 1.65 meters for males and 1.60 meters for females.
- Medical Fitness: Applicants must be certified by a Government Hospital or recognized medical center to be medically fit for the job.
- Computer Literacy: Candidates must be proficient in basic computer applications.
- NYSC Certificate: Applicants must have completed the mandatory one-year National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) program.
- Referees: Candidates must provide two (2) referees who can attest to their character and suitability for the job.
It’s important to note that the requirements may vary depending on the position applied for, and candidates are advised to check the official recruitment portal for the most updated and specific requirements.
How to Apply for Nigerian Prisons Service Recruitment 2023 (NPS)
The entire selection process for Nigerian prisons is conducted online through the portal we listed above.
What to expect when visiting www.prisons.gov.ng
- An application form to fill in your details
- The job vacancies are available for applicants with links that show you the requirements and qualifications.
- Space to submit your documents to confirm all details you have filled in and many more.
Follow the steps below to apply for the NPS recruitment 2023:
- Log in to the website recruit.prisonsportal.com.ng/recruit
- Create an account if you do not already have one
- Confirm your account details by clicking the link in your email
- After confirmation, Re-enter your login details
- Input all the required data in the exact form you are asked to. This will ensure that you do not get dropped when the applications are being reviewed.
- On submission of the form, you will be required to print out a reference form and ensure the form gets filled by referees who can vouch for your skills.
This is done to ensure that you maintain exemplary conduct throughout your employment at the agency; your references will be contacted whenever your conduct is questioned.
The referee form must be completed by higher-level government employees or your local government chairman.
To qualify, you must have an excellent education and work experience in relevant disciplines. If this sounds like something you would appreciate doing, you shouldn’t miss out on these opportunities.
The Nigerian Prisons Service is also anticipating the arrival of Nigerian citizens willing to serve in Nigerian prisons. The Nigerian Prisons Service recruitment procedure begins with the online submission of the Nigerian Prisons Service Recruitment Form at www.prisons.gov.ng.